Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ATA View Post
    A seperate policy is usually the best way to go. More important if you have a large value in firearms. I have photo documented all of my firearms and have the hard drive with my agent at her office. Of course, I'm also sleeping with her and I'm married to her.
    lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    I haven't really looked into it closely, but I think there is a NRA sponsored insurance for firearms coverage.
    I signed up for the free portion of the NRA insurance when I got the email, but the I have yet to figure out how to actually make a claim and with whom. I think I got a confirmation email back but that was it. What further turned me off is that I continue to get soliciations for the insurance. It appears no one is talking to one another. I want to say I couldn't easily find out how to add insurance when I followed their link either. The whole thing seemed sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Spreadsheet with pictures and s/n in it saved on an HDD you keep somewhere off site.

Backup for backup plans.
    I did the same thing and also added replacement costs for each item. Sure, that number changes over time, but at least it's all set up for adjustments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is just an overall good reminder that insurance is one of the key components of overall coverage. I know most of you guys have more than $2500 worth of firearms, heck that's the cost of one very high end AR. I respond to burglaries all the time where people may lose a couple of handguns and a few rifles. The cost of replacement far exceeds the basic coverages. Most of the guns are stored under a bed or in a closet.

As someone else already mentioned, a good safe is also part of that equation.

We live in a nicer neighborhood, have several safes, alarm systems, camera security, and great insurance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good advice.

Never ceases to amaze me when you see 30k worth of weapons in a 1k "safe".

Downloads
    Uploads
    A guy on TOS had an anecdote about using the firearm coverage that comes with NRA membership, and he said it was very easy to work with (which surprised me). From what I understand, and don't quote me on this, Lifetime Members get access to some sort of higher end coverage for a small premium. If you're an NRA member it's probably worth checking out.

I was thinking about firearm insurance recently as well. My agent and I have talked about guns before, but never gotten into detail. It's something I need to get up to speed on. As was mentioned earlier, I'm guessing I probably have a firearms maximum pay-out that a high end AR would consume completely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have a firearm friendly insurance company they've delt with?

I went with a local agent of Erie because shes paid out 50k+ for a guy I took a report of getting a Purdy receiver he had registered with them stolen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Anyone have a firearm friendly insurance company they've delt with?

I went with a local agent of Erie because shes paid out 50k+ for a guy I took a report of getting a Purdy receiver he had registered with them stolen.
    I have State Farm. They've been pretty easy to deal with, and the guys I know that have had to make firearm claims, they've paid immediately, no hassle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Farm Bureau.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I use Farm Bureau.
    I knew I liked you for some reason. My aunt works at my local branch so that helps some too.. although The Mrs. reeeealllyyy liked our new agent when our older one retired.. maybe I need to change over lol

EditL I have an aunt on the other side that works SF so either way i guess id be good lol
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 24 June 2015 at 22:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Most people find out how useless their insurance is for firearms the day they get stolen unfortunately.

This is also a good reminder to write down your serial numbers somewhere secure, in the event your items get stolen, you can get them back at some point. I run guns all the time that come back clear, not registered, so it's virtually impossible to return them when found.
    I keep a PowerPoint file on my computer AND on a hidden thumb drive (in case the computer is also stolen) that contains a small description, serial number, and a couple photos for easy ID.