Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spike's Tactical 16" Hammer Forged Melonite Upper Review is started

A review to the Spike's Tactical 16" Hammer Forged Melonite upper has been started, this upper is slated for long term testing. Question, comments, or anything else can be posted here.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ead.php?t=1297

Downloads
    Uploads
    That Melonite finish looks beautifully done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those look very nice. Any idea on a price? I couldn't find them on their website.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    That Melonite finish looks beautifully done.

It has a satin finish to it, which stands apart from the typical parkerized barrels I'm used to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy93 View Post
    Those look very nice. Any idea on a price? I couldn't find them on their website.

I'm not sure, I know the basic models show on their site, I'm not sure if you need to email for prices, or if they are variable depending on what options (sights and rail lengths) you get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i got mine recently and im so happy with the quality of spikes products and excellent service .

good thing about spikes tactical is their attention to detail (ie. logo engraving with matching color, mated with top-end companies such as Daniel Defense, etc). i also requsted to have spikes logo's in FDE and engraved logo to the bolt carrier.

just want to share couple pictrures of my spikes...i know this thread is about the upper but im also including pictures of the lower to show how it is matched with upper's finish.

i prefer the DD lite rail 9.0 so it gives you a shorter barrel look when paired with spikes's can. the DD low profile gas block has screws (lined-up to FSB taper pins) at the bottom so you feel confident that it wont get loose. the DD low profile gas block is hidden/flushed with the 9.0 DD lite rail. it could have been better if the DD low profile gas block had a "DD" logo.

check out the ST-T2 heavy buffer (included) and spikes's gun case also. for military personnel, dont forget to ask discount.

this is the "DD" logo i was talking about. this came from DD's website...compare the barrel's finish to the spike's melonite finish.

Last edited by sgt_gman2005; 15 July 2009 at 20:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a great looking carbine, and I agree 100% that the attention to detail is outstanding with this upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a chance to get out and do some shooting with the ST upper out on some .mil ranges. We fired roughly 500 rounds, I believe all of it was suppressed, and much of it was FA running CQC drills. The upper ran without any trouble, and while it was horribly dirty, it looks to be in good shape.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_gman2005 View Post
    i got mine recently and im so happy with the quality of spikes products and excellent service .

good thing about spikes tactical is their attention to detail (ie. logo engraving with matching color, mated with top-end companies such as Daniel Defense, etc). i also requsted to have spikes logo's in FDE and engraved logo to the bolt carrier.

just want to share couple pictrures of my spikes...i know this thread is about the upper but im also including pictures of the lower to show how it is matched with upper's finish.

i prefer the DD lite rail 9.0 so it gives you a shorter barrel look when paired with spikes's can. the DD low profile gas block has screws (lined-up to FSB taper pins) at the bottom so you feel confident that it wont get loose. the DD low profile gas block is hidden/flushed with the 9.0 DD lite rail. it could have been better if the DD low profile gas block had a "DD" logo.

check out the ST-T2 heavy buffer (included) and spikes's gun case also. for military personnel, dont forget to ask discount.
    K, your gun looks fantastic... I currently have one Spikes build and will be ordering two more. One of them will look quite similar to yours!

I am thinking about ordering this upper with the 10" Lite rail, but really want that CAR1 Fake can.

Do you think that can would have fit if your rail was 1 inch longer?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    stick you got any updates on the gun? I'm really interested in seeing how this upper performs!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the barrel melonite treatment in the bore also and if it is how is the accuracy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, tell us about the Melonite. Is it a Melonite Upper or a Melonite barrel?

Cameron

Downloads
    Uploads
    Minimal updates, the upper runs like it is supposed to. I use a very thin coating of TW25B for lube, and have yet to have any malfunctions.

The Melonite treatment is done inside and out on the barrel (like Glocks barrels). I've seen no improvements or degradation in accuracy, but I haven't tried anything special in terms of ammo or high end glass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    fwiw, my spikes upper has never had a malfunction, it has about 2500 rds though it now. its eats everything from brown bear to TAP. I use Mobil 1 15W 50 for lube.
    Last edited by Mr.Goodtimes; 30 August 2009 at 12:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    fwiw, my spikes upper has never had a malfunction, it has about 2500 rds though it now. its eats everything from brown bear to TAP. I use Mobil 1 10W 50 for lube.
    Thats what I like to hear!