Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks eric. appreciate the help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT KIRK View Post
    First, I like both the Eotech and the Aimpoint and would buy either depending on the theater of action I anticipated taking the sight into.

For my current situation (Law Enforcement) I decided to plunk down the bucks for a Eotech 516 which is not NV compatible but still uses the DL123 batteries. I love this sight, but now that (after the fact) I finnally got the $ to get one, certain influential people in my life (Aimpoint fans) have started pipeing up with negative coments on the Eotech. While I realize their are certain limitations which would cause me to choose differently for a sight goining into a lengthy feild combat enviroment, for my purpose the Eotech is awsome.

Only one potential comment that concerns me "The Eotech will drain batteries just sitting in the off position", however common sense tells me this is not possible, and if it had been at some point in time, surelly it has been rectified since.

Any thoughts from those here?
    Hey CAPT KIRK...

I've got an EoTech 553 (CR-123), NV compatible....I usually mount it in the car pre-shift, turn it on for usually the 4-hour or sometimes 8-hour duration....I got a shade over 3 years life out those batteries.....

Best regards....
    cmoore

Currently in service:

Springfield Operator .45, VZ's, Ed Brown mag well, Novak Lo-pro tritium's

Colt M4, 5.56, EoTech 553, Hensoldt-Wetzlar 3.5 magnifyer, Matech rear flip, Quicksilver suppressor

"You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a kind word alone". -AL Capone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone know why the 553s are rated to 1100 hours, but the 552s, with the longer AA lithiums are rated only to 1000?