Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine's not here yet, so I'm basing it on what I'm being told by others. Are you saying your ACS locks fully collapsed into one of the standard five or six positions on the tube or that it locks fully collapsed with a friction lock?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Is there a specific reason your ACS doesn't lock when in the shortest position? My ACS locks while flush with the castle nut.
    So does mine. Even with the ASAP installed, I can close/lock flush with the castle nut. The link ring of the ASAP must be either fully to the right or left to do so, but it still locks into place.
    -Los

"I like my weapons like I like my women, slightly dirty, and well lubed."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Is there a specific reason your ACS doesn't lock when in the shortest position? My ACS locks while flush with the castle nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Mine's not here yet, so I'm basing it on what I'm being told by others. Are you saying your ACS locks fully collapsed into one of the standard five or six positions on the tube or that it locks fully collapsed with a friction lock?
    Can't speak for Slippers setup, but mine locks into the standard first position, without needing to use the friction lock(which also can easily be engaged as well). Note however, the link ring will not be able to slide back and forth with the stock fully closed.

-Los

"I like my weapons like I like my women, slightly dirty, and well lubed."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yes, mine completely locks into the first position, with the stock flush against the castle nut. I have a 6 position receiver extension.

In case you haven't used an ACS or CTR before, you'll find that you cannot use the friction lock unless the stock is locked into one of the fixed positions on the receiver extension. Otherwise the friction lock cannot close fully.

Here is mine:

Downloads
    Uploads
    This will obviously make more sense when the ACS gets here. Thanks, people!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that the ACS is here and installed I can see the ASAP won't work for me on this carbine. I like the fit of the ACS in the fully closed position - it could stand to be between the closed and first position, so I'll just order one of the enhanced buttpads.

I ordered an ambidextrous HK ring receiver plate for use with the ACS and put the ASAP on one of my other carbines that has MOE furniture. I decided I want to try sticking with HK snap hooks or MASH hooks for slinging.

Thanks for all the input and advice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the noveske end plate, if you use a standard swivel (not the heavy duty one), you can fully collapse the stock and the swivel will not be engaged. Sorry but I don't remember the brand name of the swivel. However, Brownell's carry it.