Glad you hear you are OK after the mishap. There's always a little quickening of my heart rate when I hear about things like this (being an idle reloader myself). I'm sure your beat rate was much higher after this happened.

As for Springfield - I'm not surprised. Everything I've ever heard about their customer service is glowingly positive and there are a fair number of stories like this floating around. It's probably in their best interest to run the complete replacement, simply because they don't want any handgun to fail after documentation of repair in their shop. But they sure didn't have to handle this at such a nominal cost - and it's impressive and generous handling of the incident.

While not quite at the same level of generosity, SA called me right before the Colorado capacity restriction took hold, checking if I still wanted my backorder on 19 round XDm magazines filled. Of course the answer was yes - and I was impressed that they took the extra steps (presumably) knowing what was going on here at the time. Service like this matters and should be recognized when we see it.