Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul ASAP mount help.

I recently purchased a Magpul ASAP sling adapter and a DPMS AR-15 multi tool. Have any of you been able to instal the sling adapter with this tool? It seems the multi tool is to thick to fit properly.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. I'm really not in the mood to drop another $40 bucks on a different multi tool.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    After looking at that tool, I can't say I would want to use it for installing castle nuts.

At this point, if it were me..... I would install it as tight as I could get it by hand, then brace it, then use a punch and tap the castlenut to tighten it. Remember that to do this and make it work, you need to have the weapon braced flat on the floor and not on a thick carpet.

Its not the preferred way, but it will work, and I've done it before to loosen and tighten castle nuts when there were no other options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't even think about doing that! I'm going to tape it up so I don't ding up my castle nut.

Thanks a bunch for advice! I'll let you know if it works out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a castle nut spanner wrench I got from Gear Sector (listed now at $7.20 and Jason is very quick to ship). It's a good investment.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Federalist - I'm going to order one. 7 bucks isn't bad at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And if you can't stake the castle nut, a drop or two of blue loctite will help to keep the castle nut secure. And I do mean a drops or two, not 10 or 12. LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright - disclaimer. This was my first AR-15. Not only was it my first, but I built it from scratch.

That said. I'm an idiot. After reading up on staking the castle nut or not, I realized I had the castle nut on backwards! That's why the tool wouldn't fit. What a freaking tard!

Anyway, works perfect now. Thanks again guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    At least you're honest about it. More respect to ya! It's funny how sometimes the problem is so obvious that we overlook the solution at the first go around.

-rebelEMPIRE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post
    That said. I'm an idiot. After reading up on staking the castle nut or not, I realized I had the castle nut on backwards! That's why the tool wouldn't fit. What a freaking tard!
    As I'm reading down through the thread I'm thinking "I bet he has the dang castle nut on backwards...". Then I get to this post and see that I was right!

Anyway, glad you figured it out. Good luck trying to stake the ASAP.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob,

I had the same thought when I first read it, and dismissed it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Rob,

I had the same thought when I first read it, and dismissed it.
    Yeah me too! I tried to stop assuming people were doing something wrong a long time ago. I learned the hard way that it's best to walk them through something and just let them tell you that they skipped a step or did something wrong.

;-)