Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
Will likely avoid Costco this week, but going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow. Anyone have any reports where they are as far as shelves being cleaned out?
I went to Publix this afternoon. Was able to get everything on my list. Having said that, TP and fresh meat were not on the list Re-stocking was being worked on every aisle, was not crowded, seven check-out lanes open. Lots of soups and canned vegetables were missing, but a lot of good ones still in plenty supply on those items. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables available. Water was down to a trickle but still had cases on the shelf. Again, the only bare shelves were paper goods, hand sanitizer/soap, packaged bread (their bakery loaves were plentiful), and fresh meat. Packaged meats (sandwich stuff / bacon / hot dogs) in plenty supply. Frozen foods looked like no body wanted any, those shelves were full. They have done a good job with inventory management, and stocking. Not bad, considering there are four large neighborhoods within two miles of the store.

They had a person sitting at the door handing out sanitizer wipes a single sheet per person to wipe off the cart handles. I took two Lysol wipes in a zip lock baggie for that, just in case. Not a bad experience today, but I heard they had to close a few hours early yesterday, just so they could begin the restocking.