Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
I meant to add earlier, that when running my Harris in competitions, at least one of the legs would deploy when on a barricade. The button would go up against the vertical surface of the barricade and out shoots the leg. Annoying at times.

I haven't had leg dragging issues, although maybe I don't understand what you mean. Mine all deploy very quick.
The inside of the frame where the leg hinges. After use/abuse (had it happen to two of them) the Outside of the leg scrapes against the inside of the housing. I’ve sanded it down to smooth it out but it eventually keeps getting worse. I’ll take a picture of it when I get home. I’ve thrown one out and put the other on my .22 rifle.

As far as the Magpul goes...I’ve used it in Precision matches for about a year now. I don’t use the pan feature, and the legs can deploy at half inch intervals but the tilt feature saves you from that time consuming bit on the clock. If you’re hunting and have time...different story (used it for both).

It doesn’t make any noise (my harris squeaks like mad...kind of sucks at 5am in the woods) you can put Atlas feet on it if you need to upgrade, and it’ll take a solid beating. The only drawback is the legs not locking at 45 or other angles. Would be a simple upgrade to their current system. I was shooting 1000yds this past weekend with it and then stacking shots on 3” circles at 500yds. If its no good for shooting, I guess I’m not doing that kind of shooting.