Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
I've heard something similar but on balance there are a few factors that I took into account as well.

In no order:
I'm using my rifles for personal use, not in some hard use war scenario.

I live in the country and the primary use will be outdoors.

Anything can break if you hit it hard enough.

It's a light, not so much an absolute "my gun won't work without it" part.

If I am a dumbass and my rifle falls off the tailgate and breaks the mount I have a backup rifle just in case.

For me in my specific use, on balance it seems like it's ok.

That's all said with the caveat that I'm always trying to learn something new.
The mount you have if an off-set, not an inline, so it is what IWC recommends for cantilevering (note that IWC is the one that actually made your mount, HSP just provides the marketing).

That being said, I have significantly bent the light bar on one of my Thorntail2 M-LOK mounts with a single drop on rocky terrain; it was not the SBR version, so it's cantilevered more, but I also had a can with a suppressor cover on, which should have provided some back-stop. The bending can be more of an issue if it ends up interfering with your ability to mount/use a can, along with causing inaccuracies due to pressure on the can. Most likely not an issue with using the shorter SBR version, along with it being the 1913 version that keeps it much further from the can, particularly off of the top rail, but something to be aware of for general cantilevering of any mounts.