"Save the Colt" is humming along, as time permits. I've been busy living life and trying not to bleed to death in the process! Trying to get more training is, but with an ill parent in the house, and nobody but me to do the caretaking, it severely cramps time for fun things (But also keeps me from bleeding to death). I shoot on private property, so running and gunning is a standard thing. My aim is "moment of small print" on the back of the local shop's pizza boxes as well as silhouettes and coyotes under NODs. Just getting my wind back from those damn blood clots in both lungs; I think it was the 'rona, and am trying to find a way to prove it so I can get off these damn blood thinners eventually. Like I said, progress on the pistol is slow going with learning a process, then practicing and then completing it. Not keen to ruin a 40 year-old pistol being over-enthusiastic, so I have to grow my own talent as I go. Here's a couple pics to atone for my absence:Grinding down the frame tabs to replace the GI grip safety with a Wilson bullet proof beavertail.Fine-tuning the fit of the GS:Don't worry, I wasn't going to leave it skanky lookingLil' test fit. The slide is at Novak's getting dovetails cut, and some night sights.After the slide comes back and I get the FCG tuned up, the next steps will be checkering the front strap and then fitting a new Kart barrel. After that, I think it'll be pretty much done, other than bead blasting the rounds. I'm looking forward to test-firing this gun for the first time since I got it. As far as hand-fitting parts and doing things yourself, I highly recommend it if you have the temperament. Doing this is several levels beyond assembling AR parts; you can't put metal back (well, easily), and mistakes get expensive fast. I have banked several new skills that will serve me in the future as I'm sure this won't be the only rescue project now that I know I can do this! Hope everybody is doing well. This is still too nice a place not to hang out some. Take care, fellas!