Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spike's Tactical 16" M4 LE upper thread

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ead.php?t=2115

I just completed an overview on the Spike's Tactical 16" M4 LE upper receiver group. I need to more rounds down range, and to get a few other guys shooting it, and then I'll update the post with shooter comments. In the big scheme of things, it either functions or it doesn't.

Comments, thoughts, or suggestions? Post em here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good review Stick. The Spike’s M4 LE Upper looks like a quality weapon that would make anyone proud.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome review/breakdown. I concur with your assessment of the assembly process, if I'm reading you correctly: absolutely perfect.

Put about 270 rounds through mine today, it worked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great review. Spikes is definitely making waves. I think they've been previously underrated. They're QC processes and testing procedures puts them on par with any other manufacturer and their pricing makes them a bargain.
    Last edited by Uglyduck; 15 March 2010 at 19:12. Reason: typo
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got some more information to add to it after talking with Tom Miller, no real changes, just some extra info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was already tempted to grab one of these uppers and this review may have sent me over the edge. I really wish they made it with a 14.5" barrel. I am contemplating buy it and having adco chop it down and pin a comp on it for me but I don't know if it'd just be smarter to buy a 14.5" upper to start with...

Downloads
    Uploads
    As per SOP, outstanding photos and review.

Spike's has apparently taken the time to do it right, instead of skimping to save a few bucks. Spike's has also managed to do this at a great price-point. The $525 is for a complete upper and they include one of their ST-T2 buffers. Drop it onto an assembled lower and you've got a complete weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am glad to see this as I wanted to see a review of this upper as I was thinking of using it when I build a new rifle next month... I do believe I see a 16" middy in my future

Downloads
    Uploads
    So their heavy buffer is good to go? I was considering either that or a Colt H buffer with spring from G&R. Which should I go with for my !6" carbine length upper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its received good reviews which leads me to believe it functions as advertised. Check out the ST-T2's list of benefits to decide if its right for you.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    So their heavy buffer is good to go? I was considering either that or a Colt H buffer with spring from G&R. Which should I go with for my !6" carbine length upper?

If you run soft ammo, it might not be the right choice. If you run regular ammo, it should be good to go. Gas port size can also make a difference, so its possible that some uppers might not like the heavier buffer.

I use one in my duty weapon, so that should give answer to how much I personally like and trust it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds, good. I generally shoot XM193 and Black Hills 68gr+. I don't know the tolerances of my BCM gas port but I assume it's a fairly normal diameter. I've give this buffer a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Either one. I'm running H buffers and have a couple ST-T2 buffers as well. The T2 is listed as being a tad heavier than an H2, about 4.3 OZ versus 3.8 OZ. The T2's that I have weighed are about 3.9 OZ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really impressed with this upper... definately going to jump on the M4 14.5" LE if they release one :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is good to know as I just bought a LE middy from them. When I brought it up on another forum I was rather savaged after asking what I thought was a innocent question. Live and learn.