Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanty12 View Post
    So your basically saying there is no point for a weapons mounted light..If your trying to distinguish friend from foe with a weapons mounted light, the muzzle will at some point come across that person no matter what. I see your opinion in this but weapons mounted lights to me are almost necessities if using for home defense.
    I think you completely completely misunderstood his post, either intentionally or out of ignorance.

I don't see anywhere that he said you shouldn't have a weapon mounted light. What I read was that you should get good quality training so that you know how to both properly illuminate a scene and potentially avoid covering your wife or kid with the muzzle.

Anytime I see someone comment (or infer that someone else did when they didn't) that they'd have to point the gun at someone in order to ID them it tells me that they've never even walked around their house at night with a flashlight and a critical eye.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another X300 user here. I use a DG switch too for easy, one-hand operation. Oh and conceal carry with this thing is easy with Raven Concealment holster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My question is, why NOT have a light mounted on your gun, unless your gun is strictly concealed carry? Just because you have the light on your gun does not mean you must automatically use it in every situation. If something goes bump in the night, assuming that you have time to think at all, you can make the determination as to whether you should turn on your light or not. Many times, an argument against Accessory X comes from people who also argue against high capacity magazines on the basis of "hit it right the first time and you don't need more bullets." Well fine, you are right, so if you choose to defend your home with a muzzle loader because you are that great of a shot, that is your decision. Me, I have no issues with having 29 rounds left in the magazine after the intruder is off to meet his maker. Tis better to have and not need. If you want a flashlight on your handgun, put a light on it.
    Last edited by Creeky73; 26 November 2009 at 20:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is somewhat unrelated, but has anyone found a way to put a accessory rail on a 2nd gen glock? I've got a G22 that I'd love to light for at some point. Is there a way to do this without serious modification to the frame?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cadre09,

Surefire used to make lights that would fit the M9, and I had thought they made a similar kit for the Gen II Glocks. I know there were a few companies that used to offer them, but its been a few years since I've checked around for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have handled these from CAA and they may fit your need for a rail on a 2nd gen Glock. I've also seen custom work gunsmiths have done to add a rail with some careful Dremel and filing work.
    Todd
    I'm young with limited experience... so my thoughts are worth 'bout a quarter of what you paid - and I don't give out refunds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really dig the TLR-3 on my Glock 22... just need to find a good holster setup.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surefire X300 or X400(with laser)

Witht he availability of lights and holsters, it is more an argument of why not on any gun. Even with concealed carry, unless in very hot enviroment or specific body type, most can conceal adequately.

Definitely a force multiplier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put me in the it is better to have both if possible category

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they are a must for for home defense pistols. I attached a Streamlight TLR-3 to my Glock 19 and I would buy it again. Fumbling with a flashlight with your other hand doesn't seem as easy. You don't have to directly point your weapon at what you want to see either. Use the outer-most edges of the beam (splash?) area to illuminate. The momentary on feature is awesome. It's light weight, throws a great beam, and is inexpensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If commentators are right, and MiniRDS's integral to the slide start to become the norm for high-end HD pistols - will this debate all but disappear? I'm a bit curious what drawbacks other than weight and bulk there are?
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC