Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
I try to always find a boot that has gortex/waterproof capability...especially since I work in WA State. I also have gone away from the full height boot and go for a 6" boot. I seem to run better with them in foot pursuits. I had the Oakley boots. They are very light weight, but they are not waterproof by any means and the rubber on the soles wear out very fast. I had a pair of Danner Telson's, which were nice and comfortable, but I didn't care for how high they ran up on my leg. I was issued a pair of Matterhorns and a pair of Danner Acadias in the Army. Both boots are pretty good for being warm and waterproof, but are very heavy.

Personally I don't think that boots are one-size fits all. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Thanks - I also have gone to the smaller height boots. My dept doesnt issue boots at all. Here, I always seem to find a foot chase that involves either jumping fences or searching abandoned houses..So, I put my boots through the ringer.. Right now Im looking at the BlackHawk Special Ops but it looks a little too tall for what I want or the Bates GX-4 (I have those now) but Im always scraping the crap out of the front of them. I will say that that have lasted a pretty long time..