Thread: M16A4 with M203

Downloads
    Uploads

M16A4 with M203

Hopefully this reaches capable and competent eyes,

I'm interested in purchasing a new sling for my next tour/training. I'll be running with an M16A4 with M203 attachment. I have been eyeballing all of my tac sites, Google stalking any sort of answers, but I haven't come across a quality comparative review featuring this particular setup. I have always been a 3-point sling user by default, whether it be gear issued or bummed off other Marines, but I have also heard very good things about switching over to a 2 point. I am an open book looking for input, the VCAS 2 point and the Specter CST 3pt have caught my eye due to good reviews, but I am looking for some more input. Keeping the operation of the grenade launcher in mind, and also the fact that I shoot left handed, what is your suggestion for the optimal sling to use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd think the 3 point sling would be a double edged sword as a lefty with this configuration, as it won't get in the way of the barrel latch of the tube (major fault for right handers) but could inhibit ejection rounds. I've read great things about the VCAS (although I have no real experience with it, I'm in your boat with the using what I'm issued which has been a 3-point), and am seriously contemplating it for my personal build. In any case I'd recommend a 2 point sling of some sort.

Stay safe.

ETA: In hindsight I'd consider it safe to assume you've overcome the 3 point sling/left handed shooting/ejection problem, so my point may be nullified. I'm sure you guys are shooting a lot more often than we are.
    Last edited by csmith; 31 January 2012 at 18:36.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    I carried that weapon for a time but I'm a right handed shooter. I am going to assume some one has adressed this issue. I hope you find an awnser.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Run a padded VCAS, and mount it to the handguard towards the rear. You'll have to buy a sling mount (rail mounted) to make that work, and figure out some way of attaching to the stock (wound up using the original mount from my issued Specter unit), and went from there. For patrol or FOB use (and anything in between) this setup was unbeatable - only time I wish I had something different was in a turret, where a 1PT would have had a role.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend the VTAC sling. Its easily adjustable for when a simple patrol turns into a firefight, then to a search. All you do is pull the tab, and that sucker cinches up as tight as you want it. I have used the same sling on 4 deployments and it sits on my personal weapon now. It has held up great. They have a padded version, and a non padded.