Downloads
    Uploads

US Marine Corps 25-Meter Zeroing Procedure, Part II

Hi All,

I just completed a write-up for the second part of my analysis of the US Marine Corps 25-Meter Zeroing Procedure. For those who are interested you can find it via the link below. Feedback and constructive comments are welcomed and encouraged.

http://sites.google.com/site/jimmyho...15zero-part-ii

Thanks,
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jimmyhots, can you send me a link to part one? Thanks and good job.
    www.logicalprepper.com
    "The most important thing about being prepared for a crisis is physical and mental fitness. It matters not how many weapons and ammo you have, or how much food you have hidden away, or what your bushcraft skills are. If you can't lug your gear to get the hell out of Dodge or if you are prone to panic... you might as well just stay there in front of the T.V. munching cheese doodles while the world falls apart." The Logical Prepper

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chazthebiker View Post
    Jimmyhots, can you send me a link to part one? Thanks and good job.

he has the link to part one in the introduction of part 2.....

but here it is. http://sites.google.com/site/jimmyhots/usmc25mar-15zero

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jimmyhots, really enjoyed your work. Thanks. And thanks to the guys pointing me to part one. One thing that bothers me about the flat top weapons I have is that it seems nearly impossible to get "nose to charging handle" as I was trained to do many years ago in both the Army and the Marine Corps. I seem to remember being told that this was important beause it ensures that one's head is in the same position in relation to the rear sight each time one fires the weapon. Maybe it is just me, I don't know. But for some reason I find myself yearning for the old A1 or A2 sights. Any of you older guys experience this?

The real problem is probably that I very rarely get to fire my weapons because I am never home. Heck, I have not been to a range since Christmas time in 2010! I just keep piling up ammo for when I do get time.

Is my yearning for "nose to charging handle" positioning just something dumb I have let myself think I have to do to be accurate? Or is it simply a problem of not knowing what to do with my nose now that it is not used because of iron sights on a flat top upper? A little humor there, but heck... it really bothers me! I learned with an old M16 A1
    www.logicalprepper.com
    "The most important thing about being prepared for a crisis is physical and mental fitness. It matters not how many weapons and ammo you have, or how much food you have hidden away, or what your bushcraft skills are. If you can't lug your gear to get the hell out of Dodge or if you are prone to panic... you might as well just stay there in front of the T.V. munching cheese doodles while the world falls apart." The Logical Prepper