Thread: Need New Boots

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by h0use View Post
    just got a pair of saloman quest 4d gtx. the best boot i have ever owned
    That mirrors my experience too. I have had the Salomon Quest 4D GTX boots for several months now and they are excellent.

I had a recommendation to try the Salomon boots after being dissatisfied with Danner, Vasque, Merrel etc and after trying, not only their boots, but their trail running shoes and mid height boots I am sold on their quality and value.
    Last edited by Cameron; 28 December 2012 at 18:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, this thread is still going... guess it's time for an update.

I still have my Danner RAT boots. After the excessive wear they showed in the first two weeks- they actually haven't gotten substantially worse. Most of the wear that has become evident since that first few weeks is just cosmetic. The soles have gotten a good bit thinner- but I spend every day walking around on a concrete floor, so that's no surprise. No stitches breaking to speak of or further unraveling of any fabric. I ordered a second pair as a backup.

I recently ordered a pair of the non-Goretex Kinetic boots made by Danner. I've worn them for about a week now and am impressed with their comfort. They are imported, made in Vietnam so I hope they don't come apart quickly. I don't believe they can be recrafted. I'm really just breaking them in, and will probably return to my first pair of RAT boots after that and put these in back stock. Very comfortable, though, and light- they might get pulled out if I go on any longer duration backpacking trips. My only complaint so far is the color- they're practically white.
    -lamarbrog

I sold my Browning High Power because it is a heavy, low-capacity, hammer-biting, magazine disconnecting, stiff manual safetied artifact with uncommon magazines, and it still holds the honored place of being my least favorite pistol I have ever owned.