Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I'm surprised to hear you use the term loud to describe an unported compensator designed for close range / indoor shooting. Could you elaborate on this some?

I have a 7" SBR that I plan to use in shoot houses and more low light training in the future. Recoil isn't an issue but noise, flash, and muzzle climb are. I have an 11.5" with a PWS FSC556 on it and the comp works great but is absurdly loud. The linear comps I use on the 7" now are a much more comfortable noise level but blind me at night.

Sorry for all the questions. I know there is no "perfect" solution, but I am hoping to find a solid overall compromise without having to spend a fortune testing different devices through trial-and-error.
The way I see it, as you stated, there is no perfect muzzle device for everything. The pws cqb, like the kx3, throws the discharge from tbe muzzle forward and not to the sides. The actual sound doesn't matter to me as I've lost my hearing plenty of times due to unprotected ears during a firearm discharge. I am more concerned about where the blast goes and how well I can keep it contained without sacrificing other attributes. The only different that I can tell between the cqb and kx3 is that it takes longer for cqb to shoot fire, and its a breeze to clean.