Thread: .308 thoughts

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I'm not totally clear on what you're looking for. It looks like you want to put together a 308 upper for the hunt, and you don't want it to function as a semi-auto rifle.

I have to ask why you would bother at all with this project? If you don't want it to be semi auto, why not just save all the weight that comes with a semi auto as well? For what it would cost to assemble such an upper, you could easily buy a quality bolt action that would be more than sufficient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Arms View Post
    I guess I'm not totally clear on what you're looking for. It looks like you want to put together a 308 upper for the hunt, and you don't want it to function as a semi-auto rifle.

I have to ask why you would bother at all with this project? If you don't want it to be semi auto, why not just save all the weight that comes with a semi auto as well? For what it would cost to assemble such an upper, you could easily buy a quality bolt action that would be more than sufficient.
    I was thinking along the lines of maybe an adjustable gas block. Something I can turn the gas on and off with. Honestly I don't know. I have seen the uppers that are bolt action uppers mounted to the standard AR style lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.