Next we hit the rail and front sight. The rail is a choice that is governed by several things, and in this case I went with overall durability over cost considerations. Thats a theme that continues pretty much throughout this carbine. The Vltor VIS is a continuous rail that extends from its heavily reinforced upper. This upper is a complete Noveske build, and is one of the few uppers I have which I didn't build myself. While I'm a fan of other rail systems which tend to be a little lighter, the VIS is a highly durable piece that has little flex in just about any condition I can imagine.

The front sight is going to be a little disappointing. The front and rear sights are on there simply because that is what came with the upper from the factory. The Noveske BUIS are Troy Battlesight variants. I like the Troy well enough, but I've broken mine twice, so I'm not as in love with them as some people on the internet. Good sights none the less, but my personal experiences tend to form my opinions more than the comments of others.