Next we reach the optic. Selection for the optic came down to the proverbial handful (shown below). I decided on the Aimpoint T-1 in the ADM mount. The reason for the T-1 is that I like its low print on the weapon. The optic is highly durable (I've killed Eotechs), and battery life is high. The small size reduces weight, though lets not kid anyone, this isn't a light weight carbine.

The American Defense Mfg mount was choosen for a few reasons. I like the ability to adjust a mount without needing tools. I tend to swap optics back and forth quite a bit, and will often pull optics off my weapon to let students use them in classes. The lack of tools means it can adjust in the middle of the range in seconds. Did you know that the US Military requires a tool free adjustment in their current solicitations for mounts? The next reason is that ADM uses a mount that increases surface area and tension without camming directly against the rail surface. This prevents rail damage. Discoloration and scuffs aren't an issue in my book, but anything more serious is. The military considers the rail and surfaces to be expendable, I don't. Most people will probably never even take their QD mounts on and off, and with that in mind, there are loads of good options for you to choose from with your mount search.