Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
I have a Surefire SOCOM 762Mini and a SOCOM 556SB. I also have an AAC Mini4, 762SDN6, 762SD, 556SD, and M4-1000

I like the AAC Cans better than my Surefire ones, and here's why:

To me the 51T Mounting system is fine. There is nothing wrong in my opinion and experience with them. They are also easier to remove than Surefire cans after shooting/carbon build up.

The Mini's were really never designed for hearing safe. In fact, I really don't use 556 cans without earpro. To me cans are more for less concussion, flash, and it's tolerable when shooting indoors.

Surefire cans are almost twice the price, as during sales you can almost get 2 AAC cans for the price of one Surefire. Huge.

If I could just have one can, I would buy a 762SDN-6, but having said that, I'm a fan of dedicated systems vs switching them between multiple guns.

However, going back to your original plan of buying a 556SD, that's really right now a no-brainer. AAC has been including a free blackout mount with the 556SD as well as giving you a $200 credit towards AAC products, which could get you 2 more mounts.
Good information here. Are you basing it solely off the cost advantages of going with the AAC? Also tell me a little about your experience with the two SOCOM cans if you would please. I agree with the dedicated systems mind set as I was on board with the same thing as it may be some time before I shoot a larger caliber than 556. That being said I was looking at the SOCOM762-mini (after the chat with the dealer) as it had a smaller size for CQ Type work on an SBR for HD or even vehicle work and would still allow me to use it on a larger weapon system later on in life. AAC is still not out of the question.