13 48.15%
  • Aero Precision Lower, Stag LPK ALG ACT

14 51.85%
  • Spartan Billet Lower, Stag LPK

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why the personal attacks? I never said it affected accuracy. I never said it bothered me. To the contrary, I said "I'm not worried about it". I did my best to stick to facts and qualify statements that were subjective. I apologize if my poor writing allowed any personal opinion to come across as a statement of fact.

I'll admit, though, my fingers are pretty tender.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Why the personal attacks? I never said it affected accuracy. I never said it bothered me. To the contrary, I said "I'm not worried about it". I did my best to stick to facts and qualify statements that were subjective. I apologize if my poor writing allowed any personal opinion to come across as a statement of fact.

I'll admit, though, my fingers are pretty tender.
    If it came across as a personal attack, my apologies.

There was a mess on aisle 4 on the forum this morning, and it's been going down hill from there. Again, my apologies.

Carry on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Really.....this has become a bit ridiculous. I merely mentioned I had a problem. I also stated that perhaps I was just unlucky with the kit I received. Nonetheless, I wasn't impressed with the kit overall. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. WOA barrels are superb.....I just happen to choose to buy LPK elsewhere. Probably a one time thing but I really don't feel the need to try again when there are so many quality offerings out there. If you've come across several out of spec lowers perhaps purchasing from a better company would be a better idea. I didn't mention the receiver because I really do not think being in so called "spec" is a problem unless I was diving into the realm of (insert company producing cheap parts known for substandard quality so I do not offend anyone). This particular instance was a Battle Arms Development lower, which I later tried in a Seekins for $hits and giggles. Glad it worked out all right for you and everyone else though.
    They weren't mine because I do purchase from quality companies. And you put it out there about your opinion of a product and I simply asked for details which you're making an issue about having to provide. If you don't want people to ask questions about your opinions then probably not the best idea to put it on the internet man. I just wanted to know who made the lower receiver and get the full story because I don't deal in 1/2 the details because it's how you stay informed. If I hear from multiple people about the same issue and all involve one product then it warrants further looking into before acquiring something from that person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The tensioning screw is put there for guys like you, who believe that the "slop" or play between the upper and lower affects accuracy or it bothers them in some way. Having spoken to Mega a few times at the shop, they get all kinds of returns over the smallest issue such as this, so instead of trying to explain it over and over, it's just easier to take them back until the customer is satisfied with their receivers.

This is a common myth that the wobble affects the function of the gun somehow.
    Lol... ^^^Truth

Much like barrel break in instructions...

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread and another one remind me of a house full of women who have lived together for a long time. They all get on the same "schedule". Perhaps a lot of us are on the same schedule and menstruating right now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW I would hold off on the ALG ACT until you try out the Stag LPK. I've used a couple that came with rather nice triggers, especially after a bit of a break in and decent lube.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    FWIW I would hold off on the ALG ACT until you try out the Stag LPK. I've used a couple that came with rather nice triggers, especially after a bit of a break in and decent lube.
    I've never shot the stag, but my RRA stock trigger was nice. However for the price the ACT is a great trigger aswell. Mine should be here this week

Either way goodluck with the build :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I agree with this.

Once in awhile you get lucky, and get a decent milspec trigger. The ALG triggers are just nice milspec triggers. No need to upgrade if they are already GTG

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info. I clean all of mine lightly and use grease. I'll try it out before I spend the extra.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Good info. I clean all of mine lightly and use grease. I'll try it out before I spend the extra.
    If you happen to get a gritty, creepy trigger with your LPK, you could always try polishing the sear surfaces and "making your own" ALG trigger before spending the money on an actual ALG trigger group. I've taken some truly awful milspec triggers and turned them in to something just about as nice as a ALG QMS using just a little polishing compound and a buffing wheel on my Dremel. You'll just need to take care to not get too crazy with the Dremel, as you don't want to alter the sear geometry and compromise the safety and reliability of the trigger group.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    If you happen to get a gritty, creepy trigger with your LPK, you could always try polishing the sear surfaces and "making your own" ALG trigger before spending the money on an actual ALG trigger group. I've taken some truly awful milspec triggers and turned them in to something just about as nice as a ALG QMS using just a little polishing compound and a buffing wheel on my Dremel. You'll just need to take care to not get too crazy with the Dremel, as you don't want to alter the sear geometry and compromise the safety and reliability of the trigger group.
    I've done a few mil-spec triggers using 1000 grit aluminum oxide paper on a piece of glass and honing oil. Amazing difference with very little time and effort.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Deadwing. That's what I meant by "clean". I buff them with a Dremel. I have actually make a few decent feeling triggers, but I keep putting off getting a hardening compound and a good torch or oven.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Thanks Deadwing. That's what I meant by "clean". I buff them with a Dremel. I have actually make a few decent feeling triggers, but I keep putting off getting a hardening compound and a good torch or oven.
    Ah, gotcha. I haven't messed with trying to harden anything on my own. I'm worried i'd make it too brittle.