Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
Nothing.

I think sometimes this is way over analyzed. My home defense go-to is a Glock 17 (all factory, including the magazine, Glock Night sights) and a Surefire X300.

If I had acreage, or in a more remote area, I'd probably change the loadout, but my Glock 17 IMHO will handle just about all problems that I can reasonably expect at Zero Dark Thirty.
Asking your opinion here as you are married etc (unlike me)... but what is your opinion about taking the shooter him or herself into account?

You might be totally fine under stress and using a pistol, but what about your wife? I am not asking that directly but rather rhetorically.

A close family friend who was in a prominent position related to law and law enforcement taught his wife using a small shotgun for those times when he wasn't around.

She was handy with it and it fit her better... I think this might be a good angle of discussion for those who have a wife and/or kids...

We can have caliber discussions all day long, but at the end of the day a 20 gauge on to 9mm on to 300 BLK on to 45ACP or whatever would put the smack down with a direct hit...