Thread: Decent 1911's

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are so many good 1911's on the market, hard to try them all out. I one DW I shot was very nice and the tolerances were tight. I definitely wouldn't mind adding a DW to the collection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There are so many good 1911's on the market, hard to try them all out. ......t. I definitely wouldn't mind adding a DW to the collection.
    This is true. I sort of gave up on the super high end stuff. Really pisses you off when you step in a hole in a trout creek that's about 4 feet deeper than you thought and you soak a 3K pistol and alligator leather holster. I wish I hadn't given my WC Delta Elite away, very nice for less $$ My para's and SA's are about all that come out of the safe anymore. I think my sickness for high end .1911's proved to me that there was a point of diminishing returns and that I could by fine pistols in the 1100 - 1300 range, some cheaper. Plus I don't tend to treat them like precious renisance art pieces, if you get my drift. I just shoot the crap out of them with no worries. Last year was bad for me, range time wise, but this thread has really put the .45 bug back into me. Even if it is retro necro-posting.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 3 February 2024 at 03:43.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member