I can confidently say hardly anyone notices when I open carry so I no longer worry about printing when I conceal. Wearing a shirt with any kind of pattern helps break up the print of the firearm.

Although I am definitely an open carry fan for many reasons, there are times when i choose to CC. Drawing from CC especially in winter needs to be practiced a lot. It's not like OC where you can use the correct 5 point draw, you have to use your spare hand to move your shirt/jacket up and make sure the firearm doesnt hang on it.

I encourage everyone to get a friend and try the Tueller drill and draw from your standard holster whatever that may be. You can either build a simple H stand on a base with four wheels and have your partner pull it towards you from 21' or have two targets 42' apart with both people in the middle. the firearm holder draws and shoots the opposite direction as the person running toward the other target with a faux knife or baton. It's pretty surprising and fun. It really demonstrates how important situation awareness is. I can assure you whether you shoot someone with a ruger LCP or 1911, they're not going to be happy. The most important thing is to be able to draw, aim, ready weapon from muscle memory.