Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    So, let's get rid of our shotguns. The Chinese invented them several centuries ago. Do you own a "tactical" shotgun. If you do, it's gotta go. If we own a black powder rifle, because it won't sling over your swat gear, it's old tech and has to go? Revolvers still have both a practical and enjoyable place in peoples collections. Colt pythons are some of the most beautiful (factory) pistols I've ever had the pleasure to shoot. The triggers feel like they're on ball bearings. Running a box of .357 or .38 Spec is as fun today as it was when I was in my teens. S/A .44's have bagged a lot of game for me. I get the feeling you've grown up in a "technical" bubble and can't appreciate anything but.. if anyone took your "let old technology die already" seriously, and magically it just happened, a lot of people would lose a lot of joy shooting that "old tech" stuff.

FT
    Lol what? That not only doesn't make sense but it's exceedingly shortsighted.

Semi auto shotguns have extremely applicable designs to hunting and real world tactical application - most PDs just don't use semi autos, which is stupid.

Modern pump action shotguns are actually much slower than their originally made counterparts, and while they may have some limited application they are not as effective as a semi auto shotgun, and most often not nearly as effective as a rifle caliber option.

You are talking about feelings, enjoyment and beauty, I am talking about real world application and development of technology. You want to enjoy shooting revolvers? Knock yourself out, Id wager good money youll go for a semi auto pistol for personal defense though.

With your stance on the subject you shouldn't own a modern firearm at all then, right? I bet you do though. I wonder why that is....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Lol what? That not only doesn't make sense but it's exceedingly shortsighted.

Semi auto shotguns have extremely applicable designs to hunting and real world tactical application - most PDs just don't use semi autos, which is stupid.

Modern pump action shotguns are actually much slower than their originally made counterparts, and while they may have some limited application they are not as effective as a semi auto shotgun, and most often not nearly as effective as a rifle caliber option.

You are talking about feelings, enjoyment and beauty, I am talking about real world application and development of technology. You want to enjoy shooting revolvers? Knock yourself out, Id wager good money youll go for a semi auto pistol for personal defense though.

With your stance on the subject you shouldn't own a modern firearm at all then, right? I bet you do though. I wonder why that is....
    Your post read like this: get rid of old technology. Had you said get rid of it for tactical uses, then maybe you might have "made sense". And that bit of advice is pretty short sighted in itself. Especially since I'm pretty sure the OP shoots modern tech gear, or they wouldn't be here in the first place. He just wanted a little revolver advice.

There's nothing in my post that indicates that I shouldn't own a "modern" firearm, based on feelings. If you want to call semi-auto "new" technology, so be it. Refined, yes, new, nope. Some of us do like to shoot something other than a SIG, Glock or AR once in a while, and I believe I can discern whether to carry an M&P over a black powder single shot duelling pistol for self defense.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 30 November 2017 at 04:46.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Your post read like this: get rid of old technology. Had you said get rid of it for tactical uses, then maybe you might have "made sense". And that bit of advice is pretty short sighted in itself. Especially since I'm pretty sure the OP shoots modern tech gear, or they wouldn't be here in the first place. He just wanted a little revolver advice.

There's nothing in my post that indicates that I shouldn't own a "modern" firearm, based on feelings. If you want to call semi-auto "new" technology, so be it. Refined, yes, new, nope. Some of us do like to shoot something other than a SIG, Glock or AR once in a while, and I believe I can discern whether to carry an M&P over a black powder single shot duelling pistol for self defense.

FT
    Right so other than not touching the points I've made you've made my argument for me.

Carry on.