Thread: Seperate Thread

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am probably the oddball here (as usual) but I am shying away from a lot of social media. I was (very) reluctant to get into it at all and now I am just about ready to say screw it to most of it.

Personally I prefer the board to the FB wall any day.

I think specific to gun forums and social media and all that we are seeing a shift in the who, what, where, and why. There are plenty of us who like our guns and have never tired of them. That said there are a bunch of people who would say join a forum when they bought a new gun, only now that is kind of slowing down a lot. I guess bringing new people into the flock is kind of slowing a little.

Also you have the flat out censorship of social media. Youtube, FB, whoever. People in the gun community are kind of tired of it. Heck even gun channels on Youtube it seems like a lot of the content value has gone down to some degree. I love watching gun videos but keeping it fresh is not so easy.

The whole social media thing is definitely going to need to reinvent itself to stay relevant. Maybe I am just getting old but I am sick and tired of the fuckoffs at Youtube or FB deciding for me what I want to see who's post is more important to me, or having my online life being ran by an algorithm

For the gun world though the forum is the place to be IMO. Every time I want to learn something new guess what I do? I go to a forum and ask people. Whether it's reloading cast bullets or building my first AR that was the first stop always for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am probably the oddball here (as usual) but I am shying away from a lot of social media. I was (very) reluctant to get into it at all and now I am just about ready to say screw it to most of it.

Personally I prefer the board to the FB wall any day.

I think specific to gun forums and social media and all that we are seeing a shift in the who, what, where, and why. There are plenty of us who like our guns and have never tired of them. That said there are a bunch of people who would say join a forum when they bought a new gun, only now that is kind of slowing down a lot. I guess bringing new people into the flock is kind of slowing a little.

Also you have the flat out censorship of social media. Youtube, FB, whoever. People in the gun community are kind of tired of it. Heck even gun channels on Youtube it seems like a lot of the content value has gone down to some degree. I love watching gun videos but keeping it fresh is not so easy.

The whole social media thing is definitely going to need to reinvent itself to stay relevant. Maybe I am just getting old but I am sick and tired of the fuckoffs at Youtube or FB deciding for me what I want to see who's post is more important to me, or having my online life being ran by an algorithm

For the gun world though the forum is the place to be IMO. Every time I want to learn something new guess what I do? I go to a forum and ask people. Whether it's reloading cast bullets or building my first AR that was the first stop always for me.
    I think people ... at least some people will float back to the forums. It used to be that when you were a newbie in any hobby, you'd get treated like shit as a new person asking questions on a board. Now that's the attitude I see on social media. People being treated like shit, including subject matter experts, and professionals. It's given bubba and trolls a sounding board.