View Poll Results: Do you think rounded/domed cam pins improve performance of your AR?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely. The pin moves more freely, eliminating some friction and heat/wear

1 9.09%
  • Meh. I've read about it, but the world isn't going to end if I don't get around to it.

9 81.82%
  • WWTBLS?/I like chicken. Who else likes chicken?

1 9.09%
  • I've written a long diatribe of my jejune cogitations for you to peruse. Prepare to be enlgihtened!

0 0%

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Everybody talks about Colt as if they are the AK47's of AR's

I have never even shot one so I have no opinion of it either way. LOL
    The value of the Colt standard has been lost nowadays since there's a CNC machine on every corner. Historically, Colt was the standard (via the TDP) AND had the means to meet the standard. This is why a Colt M16 (or select-fire AR-15) commands a price premium now. Back when they were being made, the handful of other manufacturers making machine guns didn't have the manufacturing process coupled with the TDP standards.

Nowadays, it's less of an issue because it's much easier to both measure the standard and then replicate the standard on a modern-day machine. The problem is a lot of the Colt fan boys now don't even understand why they pray at the altar of the pony, and that altar isn't as important now with all of the other options available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The value of the Colt standard has been lost nowadays since there's a CNC machine on every corner. Historically, Colt was the standard (via the TDP) AND had the means to meet the standard. This is why a Colt M16 (or select-fire AR-15) commands a price premium now. Back when they were being made, the handful of other manufacturers making machine guns didn't have the manufacturing process coupled with the TDP standards.

Nowadays, it's less of an issue because it's much easier to both measure the standard and then replicate the standard on a modern-day machine. The problem is a lot of the Colt fan boys now don't even understand why they pray at the altar of the pony, and that altar isn't as important now with all of the other options available.
    They also don't understand that even back then, the Mini-14 was probably more reliable than the Colt AR15. I know a guy responsible for hundreds of AR15's over his LE career many decades ago, and he is just NOW getting back into AR's, because of how finicky and poorly they performed back when it was just Colt and a few "Copies" in the game.