Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think another reason why the chatter is low right now... not a ton of new stuff on the market. Anything new just seems to be, now offering it in MLOK! More Lumens! Or a ton of sale posts.

Admittedly I'm getting bored with firearms myself, since most of my bucket list is scratched off.
    I'm definitely not bored with firearms. But i am pretty bored with what's "new" on the market. Metric shit-tons of aftermarket Glock parts, AR parts that offer no functional advantage, and pistol caliber ARs just don't do it for me. I still have a pretty long wish list of things i want, but there isn't much on that list that's new by any stretch. And a lot of the stuff i really want has been out of production for decades and is becoming pretty scarce and very expensive. My work schedule keeps me pretty busy too, but i still log in and read when i have the time. And considering i don't go on facebook anymore, this is still my favorite place to hang out online and talk guns.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'm definitely not bored with firearms. But i am pretty bored with what's "new" on the market. Metric shit-tons of aftermarket Glock parts, AR parts that offer no functional advantage, and pistol caliber ARs just don't do it for me. I still have a pretty long wish list of things i want, but there isn't much on that list that's new by any stretch. And a lot of the stuff i really want has been out of production for decades and is becoming pretty scarce and very expensive. My work schedule keeps me pretty busy too, but i still log in and read when i have the time. And considering i don't go on facebook anymore, this is still my favorite place to hang out online and talk guns.
    Pretty much in the same boat and mindset... plus away from home a lot does not help things out. I'm more or less focusing on collecting parts I need for some long term builds, and wrapping up old projects. My collection is also more or less wrapped up, as I have most stuff that I want and the remaining stuff I want are out of production and don't come up for sale very often. Have also been focusing on working on 1911's and more competitive shooting stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Pretty much in the same boat and mindset... plus away from home a lot does not help things out. I'm more or less focusing on collecting parts I need for some long term builds, and wrapping up old projects. My collection is also more or less wrapped up, as I have most stuff that I want and the remaining stuff I want are out of production and don't come up for sale very often. Have also been focusing on working on 1911's and more competitive shooting stuff.
    I love working on and tinkering with guns as much as i do shooting them. A 1911 or AK47 build class would be a lot of fun. Really any armorer or gunsmith learning opportunities would be. Building a (functional) HK type roller delayed blowback gun from a receiver flat and parts kit is a goal. I guess i should start parking the car on the street and turn the garage into a shop. Competitive shooting is something else i'd like to be more involved in, but working weekends kind of puts a damper on that.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ