Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

If you could only have one...

Didn’t quite catch it earlier, but is it for people or animals?

Work for me mostly at night with heavy NV use, combined with fair amount of thermal toys. They both have their pros and cons under a variety of situations…..but using them together and utilizing their strengths is money!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Didn’t quite catch it earlier, but is it for people or animals?

Work for me mostly at night with heavy NV use, combined with fair amount of thermal toys. They both have their pros and cons under a variety of situations…..but using them together and utilizing their strengths is money!!
    I've never shot anyone, or at anyone, and hope to not have to in the future That said I would say the primary use would be to shoot pigs that come up into the yard and/or other people's yards and tear stuff up. A good secondary option would be to ID around the house or whatever. Around where I live there are a lot of state prisons and from time to time people escape and have been known to do more stupid things.

That all being said when all that crap was going on for the past couple of years, having the ability to operate at night (even on a really basic level) would be a massive advantage should it ever come to that.

It would be cool to learn how to operate in teams or whatever, but for my primary use this is not in the cards so far. With that in mind I could possibly take out a second person to operate as a spotter or something. I would for the most part be operating that out of a vehicle, most likely a small ATV/Mule or something. Call me lazy but all that physically running around and stuff starts to become work.

Having both would be ideal for sure. In fact that might be an option too. Get a little hand held monocular or something that operates on thermal and then have the NV on the rifle. To Default.mp3's point, I could do detection with one and shoot with the other or something along those lines. If I did get both I would want the option to mount them up so I could swap if I decided to do so.

If this was a money is no object thing I would be having a different conversation all together. The WEVO bug is still definitely alive and well though.

Right now I am thinking more about a basic setup for me to use on my own in low stress situations like staking out an area for hogs or whatever and use them on/with low recoiling firearms like ARs or something. It is very unlikely that I would ever be running around a shoot house in the dark with a group of other dudes.