Thread: 12.5 talk

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it hard to believe anyone would recommend BA. From my experiences they are low end trash. Out of spec chambers, gas ports drilled through lands, and pinned gas blocks that move 1/8" with the pin in place are just a few issues I e personally dealt with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone would recommend BA. From my experiences they are low end trash. Out of spec chambers, gas ports drilled through lands, and pinned gas blocks that move 1/8" with the pin in place are just a few issues I e personally dealt with.
    Interesting and a bit surprising, honestly, as I haven't heard much real complaining about BA. Reflecting on it, I have two of BA's barrels and I've been happy with both, but I think i also bought them before AP purchased them so I'm guessing their production numbers were comparatively low back then given how much more popular Aero has become over the years. Perhaps they just haven't been able to maintain QC while they have grown? That's not uncommon.

Serious question about your "gas ports drilled through the lands": Is that really a quality issue? I wouldn't expect barrel manufacturers to be precisely timing the rifling their barrels such that the gas port always hits a groove but I really have never though much about it. To your point, perhaps that's one of the details that sets top barrel manufacturers apart from the pack?