Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Charles Daly Carbines

WEVO currently has 2 different Charles Daly carbines that we will be reviewing, and giving our thoughts on. This thread should be as good of place as any to ask any questions that you may have regarding the Charles Daly line up of weapons. Michael Kassnar stops by here on a fairly regular basis, and can answer any tech questions, or give input on the upcoming lineup.

Feel free to fire away, and we will answer whatever we can. If you are looking for a specific picture, or question about a certain part, let us know and we will try to take care of you.

For now, here is a quick picture of the D-M4 Carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a picture of the D-M4LE carbine wearing a Brownells BUIS, and Aimpoint T-1 in an American Defense MFG mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great pics as usual, Stick! They look very good, the lines are very smooth. I'm hoping to look at one soon.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, for the update. Nice pics.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Klutched Guest
    I just got back from Harrisburg PA, supporting the 56SBCT @ FTIG, I wish I had know about this guy, I would have checked him out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    Great pics as usual, Stick! They look very good, the lines are very smooth. I'm hoping to look at one soon.

TS

One of the first things I noticed was that its one of the most even and smooth finishes I've seen on an AR15.

The second thing I noticed was as I cleared the weapon. The charging handle had a tight, but smooth and even travel. For people who have worked the charging handle on a Colt, then on a lower end series AR15, they will understand what I mean. Not all AR15s have the same "feel".

Initial impressions are often what start to form our opinions, and I am certainly no different in that respect. However, I should point out that I went through the entire weapon, and have been equally content in my findings. I'll try to get my initial thoughts written up with all the pictures today, and then we will move onto firing sequences of the T&E, which will start getting into the meat of things.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    as always, Outstanding Stick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming the lower receiver extension is the "mil-spec" size/variety?

Any plans for any other barrel lengths?

How's the BCG look?

Charles Daly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    I'm assuming the lower receiver extension is the "mil-spec" size/variety?

Any plans for any other barrel lengths?

How's the BCG look?
    Lancelot,

The lower receiver extension on the D-M4 is a commercial tube with standard buffer while the D-M4LE is mil-spec with a "H" buffer.

We are planning a series of Lightweight builds that will have 14.5" barrels with permanently attached suppressors and after July 1st we will be able to start selling SBR's.

Stick will have to answer your question on how the BCG looks. I know he's over 1,500 rounds on one gun he has for T&E so perhaps he can comment on it, "before" and "after".

Thanks again,
    Last edited by Charles Daly; 9 May 2008 at 04:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are at 2010 rounds through the Charles Daly D-M4LE. The Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) is good to go, as it appears the rest of the carbine is as well.

I'll get pictures of the BCG up in a little bit, the staking pictures are already posted in the guide, but I was unhappy with the way the bolt pictures turned out, so I'll reshoot them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Groovy. Thanks to you both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We ran the D-M4LE hard. Over 2K rounds were put through it without issue. The reliability was almost boring. This carbine is put together right, using the right materials and I'm sure we will be hearing many more positive comments. It's good to go.

JAH-23 Guest
    This is good to hear, especially the 14.5".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH-23 View Post
    This is good to hear, especially the 14.5".

I agree, I recently had an officer come to me who was tired of carrying a heavy barrel on the carbine that he uses for duty. I think a LW barrel in 14.5" will work nicely for a lot of people, especially those that carry it every day.

I've heard the comments of those people who say that if your HBAR is too heavy, you need to hit the gym. Those are the comments of people who aren't clearing buildings and doing extended work with their carbines on a regular basis. There is no question that a lighter carbine is easier to work with, and since the vast amount of carbines are not SBRs, the 14.5" LW becomes the next lightest configuration.

After touting the LW praise, I'll point out that I still run a 16" M4 profile barrel on my duty weapon, and yes, there are times that I wish I was running something lighter, especially when I'm doing a lot of one handed work with the carbine.